DIY: the lace necklace


According to the pile of magazines in my nightstand, it's still November 2011.
Browing through the November issue of Instyle magazine, I came across
a simple and chic lace necklace.

InStyle magazine November 2011 issue.

The 158.00 USD price tag was not that chic to me but
the necklace seemed simple enough.
Simple to make that is.


Headed out and bought a yard of lace and a yard of gold tone chain - also transparent plastic thread.
I was looking for a wider and more elaborate lace
in order to have more of a resemblance to the original
necklace - but it was not to be found.

I just sewed them together. It took me a bit longer than I had originally
thought it would, but the results were acceptable.


The results cost me 157.00 USD less than the inspirational item.


Not bad for a dollar, dont you think ?

7 comments

Biba said...

Pretty, and well done, too!

Sheila said...

What a great idea!

Unknown said...

Oh wow this is fab
How long did it take you
Which magazines do you read?
And wanting to tell , your style is evolving in a way fantastic way!

Ariane xxxx

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I know I am on the hunt for an old coin purse closure. I want to do a DIY with an old leather glove and turn it into a coin purse.

Cool Vanity said...

Very nice!. Kisses.

LyddieGal said...

not bad at all! I want to make one now!

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

WOW that necklace came out beautifully. So Creative & Chic. I need to START making things. I will attempt this myself. =D Wish me Luck (I will need it).