Chichén Itzá

I decided to take a day off after a long week and spend the day 
in Cancun, Mexico and take a tour of the archeological site of Chichén Itzá.

Faith 21 dress - Panama hat - Le Sportsac flats

Chichén Itzá is a huge pre columbian city built by the Mayan civilization, 
which is very popular these days for their calendar which 
ends December 21, 2012... this night should be the longest night.


The place is full of history and knowledge - the Mayans were 
an extremely intelligent civilization.



For example, take the building behind me, it's called the "Observatory". 
Modern day observatories are modeled from the ones used by the Mayas thousands of years ago.


I had the greatest time learning new things.


I'd love to go back.




7 comments

Mica said...

beautiful dress! :)


Would be such an amazing place to visit, you're lucky you got to go explore :)

Sheila said...

I have always wanted to go there, ever since I read about it when I was a kid.

Love your fedora!

Unknown said...

lo tubiste k pasar d miedo me ha gustado tu blog, te sigo!
y si te gusta el mio te espero como seguidora :) un besito guapa!!

jenysedano said...

I'm Mexican, and really I Love Chichen Itza, the bad thing is not to raise it, I did 10 years ago :( !!! but is beautiful!!

XOXO
http://jenyapio.blogspot.mx/

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I'm glad you got to take a side trip and what an amazing site to see.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Good for you for taking a day off! I've heard about the Mayan calendar, so I bet it was spectacular to see this. Thanks for sharing it with us Lorena. Girl, I love that dress! So pretty! Your hair is sharp to the side and great hat doll.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Stop it with these traveling photos, for real. Amazing places you get to visit while having the job you have. =) I like the colorful dress and it looks great with that fedora. You are right there with the tourists.


P.S. Once again, gorgeous places.