Balloon

First of all I have to say I am not easily amazed.
It kind of sucks because you miss out on enjoying many things.


While in Albuquerque looking for things to do, 
I came across the opportunity of going on a hot air ballon ride.


... and I was amazed.
It was a jaw dropping experience.


We were picked up at dawn by the hot air balloon company 
providing the service and driven to a big parking lot. 
There we saw how the ballon was taken out of the van and 
assembled along with the huge basket.
It was first filled up with cold air provided by huge fans.
We were even allowed to help!
It seemed so simple, scary simple.


However it was done so professionally that never for a moment 
did I hesitate on getting on the ballon.
I mean really think of it... 
it's actually the oldest successful human carrying flight technology.


Bandolino brown boots - Tommy Hilfiger fuchsia bag 


You go up really fast!



It lasted about an hour.
I was sooo excited.
Totally amazed.


3 comments

Anonymous said...

What an incredible experience! And what great photos! This is something I've always wanted to do but my husband is afraid of heights, so if I'm ever going to go, I'm going to have to find someone else to go with. :(

Kristen said...

Oh, I have always always wanted to do that! We were in Sedona Arizona one year and saw a balloon festival one early morning, dozens of them bright and beautiful and quiet over the mountains. Amazing is the perfect word. I am so jealous of you!

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Once again more amazing photos & experiences. Your blog is definitely the most unique one because you always have the coolest locations all around the world, on top of your style. =)

I, too, have enjoyed my experience on a Hot Air Balloon. This particular one is soooooo colorful and I love the up-close photo of you by it, as well as that last pic where the city looks amazing.