How many times ?

Blue trousers Forever 21 - Light blue gingham shirt JC Penney similar here and one with a modern take here - 
Red velvet heels Melissa 


As you know I like checking up on cost per wear when possible.
Today, as I wear these blue trousers for the 15th and last time - I can only wonder how much we wear the clothes we have. According an article in NYMag we only wear 20% of our closet on a regular basis. While I like to think I am above that number, it's not more that 10%. 
How many times do you wear, let's say, a pair of pants before they're out the door ?
In my case, these trousers purchased in February 2012 in a F21 store while in NYC close to midnight (yep, I'll shop anytime..) for 24.80 USD, worn 15 times, CPW 1.65 USD. It's acceptable in my book.
Now, it's your turn.
Linking up with Oh, Hey Girl !


5 comments

Courtney Erin said...

I've often thought about trying to make calculations like this with respect to my closet - it might be time for me to actually give it a go!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Closet Fashionista said...

That's definitely an acceptable cost per wear! Unfortunately most of my clothes will never get that low since I buy pricier things. But I do have items I've gotten super cheap that are way under $1 per wear! But for designer clothes if I at least get to $10 per wear that's pretty good! :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Beauty Unearthly said...

Gorgeous! You look lovely dear!

Mica said...

I really want to focus more on this in 2017! I heard about the 30 wears challenge and thought I'd have a few pieces I'd achieved it with but I really don't have many! I'm going to buy less and rewear more - I have a large wardrobe I don't wear a lot of!

Away From The Blue Blog

LyddieGal said...

When it comes to most of my work outfits, especially in the winter, they are rarely documented. I have a sweater that's been on the blog once, but I pretty much wear it weekly to work because it's warm and cozy.

While I think it's a good idea to be better utilizing my closet, at the same time I know there will always be pieces I will adore that aren't going to get worn that much, and I don't want to see that as a reason to not have them.
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/