Black Envelope

Black trousers - Houndstooth print shirt Abbie Mags, wish I had this one -
Black envelope bag Nine West, similar under 20.00 USD - Black leather shoes from Spain

Bulgari ring here

I think I should probably change the name of this blog to something in the likes of "The Perpetual Closet Editor" or "Forever Editing My Closet". Sometimes I feel its all I do. In the black hole my closet has become, regardless of my ongoing attempts to get my act together, it seems like a never ending task. 
In the hopes of organising some of my hand bags I emptied an entire closet in an adjacent room, here bags hang next to each other on hangers and are also in boxes and baskets in the closet floor. There, in the back, I found the black envelope bag purchased during a trip in 2011, which I am wearing today, very likely for the last time. 
While its still in god shape, the patent like has become dull in colour and the length has always been odd. Besides, I don't wear it much, it has to be completely full of items so it looks good and today while wearing it, the hook that holds the strap just snapped and broke. Seemed like a sign.

Linking up to I Do De Claire's


9 comments

Beauty Unearthly said...

I love the details. Very beautiful.

Gemma said...

You must have a huge amount of clothes and accessories! This looks like a really lovely outfit. And the bag looks lovely too you can't see the dullness of the patent in the photos.

Gemma x
www.jacquardflower.uk

MONICA SORS said...

Such an amazing outfit!! So chic!
xx
Mónica Sors
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: WHAT TO WEAR IN PARIS
DON'T MISS: FLORAL ROMPER & ICE CREAM

Beauty Editer said...

So good! Have a great weekend dear.

BEAUTYEDITER.COM

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

I do love actually purging items when it's time!! It feels so freeing (and a great excuse to replace it??)
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Mica said...

Shame it broke but it's good that it makes the decision easier for you! :)

I think it's good to always be editing and downsizing our wardrobes - it's important to help them from becoming unmanageable. I haven't been doing much of it lately, and I really should try step it up.


Away From The Blue Blog

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Sometimes patent gets that way unfortunately. Love that pop of pink in your blouse.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

LyddieGal said...

closet black holes are just no fun. I'm glad you are being diligent with your editing!
Chic on the Cheap

minimalissmo blog modowy said...

Nice pattern of this shirt, and good combination with the bag. In fact I like this combination of plain black bottom part with patterned upper part od clothes. It works. PS. Batterfly fit great here :)