A Monet

Printed dress Monster Girl similar here- Light blue bow flats Gio Zanotti - Brown Madison tote bag Coach 



It was over fifteen years ago. I was in a department store and saw this pretty dress on the mannequin, it was the last one they had. Tried it on and immediately fell in love with it and took it home. One of the things I admired was the Monet like pointillism print and the vintage vibe. Wore it to a good friend's morning wedding with cream heels and then maybe once more. 
Today as I looked for something to wear, I saw it and tried it on. It was too short to wear to work so I layered it over a slip to create a longer visual effect but it did not work. I wore it to run some errands and then to the supermarket. Fifteen years ago I would have never imagined that a dress I wore to a wedding would be worn for such trivial things.  
Linking up to High Latitude StyleE&M

7 comments

Len Parent said...

OMG your dress is gorgeous!!! Great styling!
Thanks for sharing!
Have a wonderful week!
Much love, Len
http://www.lenparent.com
XO

Beauty Unearthly said...

Gorgeous! You look lovely dear!

Наталья Белогловская said...

Great post! Thanks a lot for sharing)

Sheila said...

It's pretty, but *shrug* - do you like it? Doesn't sound like you do...

Lydia said...

I know exactly what you mean, and I've been there. How is it that something we once reserved for the most elegant of occasions can feel fine for running errands in?
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

It's beautiful! Love the water colour effect.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Cristina - Memories of the Pacific said...

The print on your dress is beautiful! I love the pastel colors :)
Thanks for joining us at Thursday Moda linkup!

www.memoriesofthepacific.com