History and Houndstooth

Houndstooth print trousers H&M, almost identical  - White plumeti / Swiss dot blouse Stradivarius, similar
Black quilted bucket bag Love Moschino

Black heels Christian Siriano for Payless 
I am a fan of history, I can watch hours of historial documentaries to my husband's disdain. I am also a true lover of all things houndstooth. I was curious as of where this print came from, I figured it was probably a print from the 40's and that it originated somewhere in Europe. After just a few Google searches I realised I was not far off in regards to its origin. Houndstooth apparently originated in Northern Europe, very likely Scotland. However I was totally lost when it came to the oldest known garment with this weave, would you have imagined it's actually B.C. ? 

9 comments

Courtney Erin said...

What a fun little history lesson (I love that!) on one of my favourite prints. Side note, I adore the heels you're wearing here.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Sheila said...

Oh, yes, houndstooth is VERY old! Nice to be wearing a bit of history!

Beauty Unearthly said...

Love the combination of outfit!
xx

Mica said...

Oh wow, I had no idea houndstooth was such an old pattern, incredible!

I actually don't have any of it left in my wardrobe any more. It tends to be quite a warm fabric, so there isn't much opportunity for wearing it in Brisbane!

I like these pants on you :)


Hope you are having a lovely week.

Away From The Blue Blog

Carolina G. Ticala said...

You look Great! 💚💚💚

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

Your poor husband...history is not my fun and games either, but I love houndstooth. Maybe because it has the word tooth in it and I'm a retired dentist?? Ha ha!!
Those shoes are to die for, Lorena!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I love historical EVERYTHING Lorena! We would have a blast. It's so fascinating. Those houndstooth pants look great on you. Adore your top.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Authentik Vietnam said...

How interesting is the history! I've learned a new thing :D

Anonymous said...

off white hoodie
yeezy 500
jordan 13
palm angels hoodie
kd 12
bape clothing
off white shoes
supreme
palm angels outlet
off white outlet