Acid wash

Current Elliot The ReformedFrayed denim shirt dress, another raw hem dress here - Red sandal heel Biviel 

Current/Elliot denim dress, similar raw hem dress here - Red canvas tote bag Tommy Hilfiger 

 

I saw this dress and negatively thought of the 80's acid wash denim trend, but, then I began to examine it: raw hems, lightweight fabric and pockets. I was sold, hate turned to love in just a few seconds. I tried it on and had second thoughts as the upper part of the dress feels big, regardless I took it home. While wearing this dress today I am still thinking that it will need a trip to the tailor... 

Linking up to Shelbee's

6 comments

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I really should get more of my clothing tailored but I'm just too lazy. I've never seen an acid wash frayed hem denim dress before -- but I gotta say, I'm loving it on you!

Sandicious said...

you look very great ! i like it ;)
Sandicious

backinstyle said...

Love this look on you, Lorena. Shirtdress + denim = win, win!

Sheila said...

I love this look, but yes, it looks too big in the body and shoulders/arms. What about having your tailor change it to short sleeves, and put some darts in around your rib area? I loved acid wash the first time - and I'm tickled to see it come back again. I'm waiting for the perfect piece to grab me, though.

Beauty Unearthly said...

I love the details. Very beautiful.

Mica said...

I like the relaxed fit, especially as the belt pull sit in nicely. So much so that when I saw this I was instantly inspired, I'd been toying with the idea of buying a new dress for CHristmas as I used to a while ago, or making do with one already in my wardrobe. I was thinking of one but wondering how I could make it a bit more festive and the way you've tied this scarf makes me want to go give it a try with a sequin one I have!

Thanks for the inspiration, even if you weren't sold on the outfit yourself!

Away From The Blue Blog