October Closet Editions

Editing this month was not that fructiferous. A blue and yellow print dress I made, the first ever. Finishing was not up to par so I will let this go and try to make a new one. Also the turquoise sequin and straw bag that I had already fixed peeling handles for (see how I fixed it here). The handles and bag were looking too worn out.
Two satin tops: one black Peter Pan collar horseshoe and horse print top from Via Vai and a black striped top from H&M. The horse print one got a 2.75 USD CPW, worn just 8 times since 2012. The one from H&M has been around since about 2011 and worn just about 8 times. Both of these were not great fitting and did not get much wear, so off they go.

A pair of black leather boots made in Spain. They did some traveling but lately they have not gotten much wear. 
Finally a red bracelet a friend gave me years ago, the red cord began to peel. Before letting go I removed the charm and repurposed it ;) You know I am a recycler-hoarder at heart.


6 items this month. How are your closet edits coming along ?

3 comments

backinstyle said...

I'm so inspired by your continuing editing of your closet. I'm sorry to see the dress you made go, it looks great on you!

Mica said...

Oh it's a shame that pretty dress is leaving but I hope that you have fun making a replacement one! You're so talented to be able to do that. I was sitting talking with a colleague and admiring her pleated skirt which she had made herself - I felt rather embarrassed to admit I can't even sew a button back on!

Luckily I know a great tailor, haha!

Away From The Blue Blog

Sheila said...

I'm pretty good with my edits right now - I'm finding that some of the pieces from last fall/winter just aren't working for me this year. Time to let 'em go. I think you made great choices on all of these. Good job!