Nicknames

Jeans Zara, almost identical - Light blue top Rachel Roy, same color - Pink blazer Poetry almost identical
Light blue bow flats Gio Zanotti, similar - Grey bag Ferragamo


The other day I had a good laugh at someone's nickname. Hope that person never reads this blog. The nickname is: Poty. What does your name have to be, that you people end up calling you that ? I have not dared to ask... 
I mean there is Tim for Timothy, Jen for Jennifer and in my case friends and colleagues may refer to me a "Lore" a diminutive of my name, which I don't mind. Do you have a nickname ? What is it?
.
.
.
El otro día me reí al escuchar el sobrenombre de una persona. Espero que nunca lea este blog, el sobrenombre es "Poty". ¿Cómo te tienes que llamar para que ese termine siendo tu sobrenombre? No me he atrevido a preguntar...
Está Tim para Timoteo, Jen para Jennifer y en mi caso, a veces ser refieren a mi como "Lore", diminutivo para mi nombre y su uso no me molesta. ¿Tienes tú un sobrenombre? ¿Cuál es?



Linking to I Do DeClaire's

5 comments

Mica said...

Studying and working in a male dominated industry, I've learnt not to be surprised with nicknames, there are very random reasons for them! No idea how someone would get that nickname though.


I really like your outfit too, I need to give my pink blazer another wear! :) Seeing yours always inspires me.

Away From The Blue Blog

Unknown said...

As usual very interesting! Thanks a lot for sharing)

Dressed With Soul said...

Dear Lorena, Poty is for sure a funny nickname. My stepchildern call me often "Nati" and my colleague has each day another nickname for me :) Love how you styled the blazer!
With love from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Lydia said...

Personally I'm not a huge fan of nicknames. And contrary to my screen name, people don't really call me Lyddie, and Lyddiegal was from when my friend and I were young and we'd speak to each other in over the top british accents. It was my AIM screen name, and for whatever reason, I just never let it go.

Other than that, my sister calls me Billy Goat. Yep. I don't like this nickname. Here is the logic, Lydia to Lilly, to Billy, to Billy Goat.

When I was with Sean he always called me food names, which I really, really, hated. Sweet Pea and Pumpkin Pie are not things I like to be called, yet, that was literally how he'd address me on my birthday cards.

But I've also always really liked my name. Funny story, once I answered the phone at work, stated my name as I often do, and the guy on the other end said "what did you do to get stuck with that name?"
I didn't even know how to react!

I for sure wouldn't want to be Poty though!
Chic on the Cheap

A Very Sweet Blog said...

People like to add to my name since it's so short! LOL Especially guys! Kimmy Kim Kim! HaHaHa
http://www.averysweetblog.com/